What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Nothing like Sittin' in on an SQF Certification Audit

Started by , Mar 03 2020 01:07 AM
4 Replies

In my career as one of the first SQF Auditors and now an SQF Consultant for the past twelve years there is a moment to me that is super priceless ---

When an incompetent SQF Auditor realizes that he is sitting across from an experienced SQF Auditor (albeit former) and SQF Consultant in a room of highly experienced Quality Assurance facility personnel and the owners.

Priceless.

Lesson to be learned here -- You can pick any CB you want but make sure they have good Auditors, inquire as to their work experiences, how many SQF audits they have done, etc. See if they pay their Auditors well and have calibrating training available.

Don't shop by price - biggest mistake we see people make both from a consulting standpoint and when it comes times to get the audits set up.

You really don't want a priceless moment like this!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Shadow Witness Audit Request The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification
[Ad]

It is delightful when you know the code better than the auditor.

Well now you gotta tell us which CB's you like Glenn!

I should define what I mean by incompetent... an auditor that makes numerous errors and miss-calls, has an inability to be fair and lacks inter personal skills.

And while I would like to think I know a lot about SQF I've been stumped now and then when changes have been made that I missed (which is why I now go to my man cave for a week to study every time a new version comes out.

My wife calls it --- going to the SQF box.

As to CB's I am more apt to "like" certain Auditors over CB's and then attempt to find out about the CB's they work for or contract with to see how the Auditors are treated.

Over the years we've recommended several CB's including TUV Nord, CICS and these days WQS.

The recommendations are based on if the auditors are well compensated, treated fairly, have routine calibration sessions and are firm but fair.

What are your thoughts on NSF as an auditor and educational group?  maybe this is getting into rough waters.  Lord knows opinions are always trouble lol

Cheers!

Opinions are like __________ everybody has one - I agree LOL!!!!

As to NSF,  they make me cringe - the Walmart of certifications.

For many many reasons I don't cotton to them.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Shadow Witness Audit Request The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted