What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

For a thermometer used in the cooking and cooling process what corrective action should be taken for deviations?

Started by , Mar 06 2020 08:10 PM
7 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding to the accuracy of Thermometers used in the cooking and cooling process.We have set up a ±1°C tolerance for our verification procedure. If the thermometer is out of tolerance (eg. 1.5°C ), what's the appropriate corrective action to the thermometer? discard and replace? or can we add the difference to the thermometer instead? Please advise and provide reference. Thanks a lot.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Open Corrective Actions since 2023
[Ad]

Can you not return it to the manufacturer for full service/calibration to take it back to spec?

What type of thermometer is it?

Take it out of service, re-calibrate or replace.  

What type of thermometer is it?

infrared Thermometer

Can you not return it to the manufacturer for full service/calibration to take it back to spec?

I don't think it would be an option, considering the courier cost and time. 

I don't think it would be an option, considering the courier cost and time. 

I doubt that an IR unit is accuracy-capable for yr specified usage. ?

I assume no zero reset possibility.

I anticipate a TC unit will be much cheaper and good enough, ideally with a reset option.

IR for cooking process? You should be using a probe thermometer for that.

It will be more economical to just replace the IR thermometer than to send back to manufacturer (unless its still under warranty). We normally keep a spare or two in the facility in case monthly verification shows out of limit or thermometer just wouldn't work.

Similar Discussion Topics
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Frozen meals - cooling requirements BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Requirements for Work In Process WIP Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant