What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Advice on what to include on our Master Chemical List?

Started by , Mar 10 2020 05:22 PM
4 Replies

Good morning/afternoon/evening, 

I am finalizing our master chemical list and have a situation.  Our plant houses four different manufacturing practices, which only two are within the scope of our upcoming SQF audit.  Do I need to list the chemicals for ALL areas or only the two within the audit. 

Thank you in advance.  You've all been super about helping!!

Jill 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Advice about employing a BRC Consultant Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program
[Ad]

ALL with the suggestion of having a master list and then sub lists.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice.  I have a master list of everything with columns as to which process it belongs to. 

Good morning/afternoon/evening, 

I am finalizing our master chemical list and have a situation.  Our plant houses four different manufacturing practices, which only two are within the scope of our upcoming SQF audit.  Do I need to list the chemicals for ALL areas or only the two within the audit. 

Thank you in advance.  You've all been super about helping!!

Jill 

Need some context.

I suggest it depends on (a) any specific requirements as stated in the relevant Code,(b) the nature of the chemicals, (c) how yr production is demarcated and (d) how/where all the chemicals are stored, (e) how/where the chemicals are used.

For example, independent, physically segregated, storage/usage locations of chemicals for non-scoped products might suggest possibility of some non-inclusions.

I would include all as it is better to go beyond what is needed rather than fall short. You can then ensure that you have SDS's for all on site (which might be a requirement separate to SQF. It is a legal requirement in Australia). 

Similar Discussion Topics
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Advice about employing a BRC Consultant Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Advice on becoming a food safety auditor FSVP Need advice on how to proceed Food Defense Monitoring Advice Advice for maintaining bathroom and toilet hygiene Need Advice for Unannounced Audit Planning