What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Lot Code Records For Sanitizer and Cleaning Agents

Started by , Mar 10 2020 09:16 PM
5 Replies

Good Afternoon all

We are frozen dough manufacturer that is SQF certified for the last three years. This has never come up with the auditor but should lot code records be kept for sanitizer and cleaning supplies for food contact surfaces, look forward to any feed back.

Thanks in Advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health
[Ad]

Good afternoon Mr. Dough,

It is a good practice to keep records of lot codes for food contact surface chemicals and sanitizers.  In the event that your supplier notifies you that their product was contaminated and could cause your product to be considered contaminated you would know what lots of products are implicated.

I'm not sure if any standards directly require this but I've worked in places where we did this.

Good luck,

Mr. I

Was this brought up in an SQF Audit?

In answer to your question - should you?  -- yes, good idea, but not a requirement of SQF that I know of - if it was brought up by an SQF Auditor please do contact the Auditor and ask him where this appears in the code manual - we'd all like to know I am sure.

Have never had that come up in an SQF audit.  It's good practice, but not required afiak.  

Thanks for the feed back, it hasn't come up yet with the auditor just being proactive. This forum as always is great for knowledge sharing to improve.

Hi,

we do it already for all in contact with FCM since many years for traceability reasons. IMO, it is best practise to do this.

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? Foaming machines in a cleaning management system SQF Code Sector Question HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards