What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pennsylvania Dept of Weights & Measures

Started by , Mar 17 2020 03:12 PM
2 Replies

Hello any fellow PA quality managers ever deal with our weights and measures department?  I purchased scales for use in our production room and they told me I couldn't use them for commerce because they have too many divisions (they go out .001 which is too accurate).  Has anyone ever ran into this before?  I have worked at a few manufacturing plants in PA but have never had them show up before.  I work for a small spice company so we are selling items in pouches and jars and I understand net weight is important.  We monitor the weight for each container we hand fill and every 5 packages we form and fill.  The scales are verified daily and calibrated by a 3rd party annually.  And weights and measures comes in every year to check them.  Just seems like I have a lot of checks for scales.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Greetings from Pennsylvania
[Ad]

i also work in PA, we use scales from Harbor Freight to do dough weights. We just completed SQF in Feb 2020 with no adverse remarks

Can't you adjust the scales to show 0.01 or 0.1 versus 0.001?  If you are unsure it would be worth a call to your scale calibration / service company and get their feedback.  They probably have a good idea of weights and measures requirements, or at least steer you to the correct information.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Greetings from Pennsylvania