What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is scheduling a future date for an Internal Audit of a program an acceptable response for an NC?

Started by , Mar 19 2020 08:41 AM
3 Replies

Is scheduling a future date for an Internal Audit of a program an acceptable response for a NC? We have a NC for 3.11.2 for not having conducted a test on our Recall and Withdrawal system.  Our staff is out, partly due to slow season and partly due to recent state of emergency requirements due to the coronavirus.  I have scheduled this for future review (April 2020). I am including an audit schedule in my response.  Do you feel this will be acceptable or will I need to conduct the review now?

Many Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials Developing a Workplace Safety Program Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices
[Ad]

I don't think the response is unreasonable given the circumstances, but to an extent you'll be at the mercy of the auditor's sense of pragmatism - there would be a legitimate argument that if an actual emergency arose then you would need to be able to run the recall system now/today/immediately.

Is scheduling a future date for an Internal Audit of a program an acceptable response for a NC? We have a NC for 3.11.2 for not having conducted a test on our Recall and Withdrawal system.  Our staff is out, partly due to slow season and partly due to recent state of emergency requirements due to the coronavirus.  I have scheduled this for future review (April 2020). I am including an audit schedule in my response.  Do you feel this will be acceptable or will I need to conduct the review now?

Many Thanks!

I understand the circumstances, however as a former SQF Auditor I doubt a future date will not be acceptable to the Auditor or reviewer.

I suggest conducting the review now and sending in your successful test documentation now.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your advice, much appreciated.  I will conduct the review

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials Developing a Workplace Safety Program Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted