What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

RAW Process Cleaning Requirements, Frequency, and Recordkeeping Best Practices

Started by , Mar 19 2020 10:01 PM
1 Reply

Hello All, 

I've been going back and forth with the following figured someone could assist me.  What would be the cleaning requirements and frequency of equipment and area that processes RAW tree nuts only?  Simply dusting and sweeping with application of sanitizer?  Full blow sanitation that involves the utilization of water, agitation, and then sanitizer application?  How often? daily, weekly, monthly?  I would say the full blown sanitation would be out of the question due to the increase risk of having pathogenic organisms present  Any guidance would be very useful.  Thank you 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices
[Ad]

Hi erodart1,

I would tell that daily cleaning is necessary for nuts processing equipments/machines. The daily cleaning should consider as general cleaning. That means dusting, brushing, sweeping (dry cleaning) and application of sanitizer on food contact surfaces before and after each operation.

Tree nuts are quickly react with moisture and forms fungus during storage also wet cleaning will be time consuming and risk involved. Blowing compressed air will help to avoid dust accumulation and facilitate fast/effective cleaning.

Weekly or monthly cleaning would be a deep cleaning. In that equipments/machine parts will be dismantlement for effective cleaning with wet or chemical cleaning.

For the frequency of cleaning, kindly do risk analysis of product used, frequency of product changeover, product condition (wet/dry/high moisture).

Similar Discussion Topics
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses