What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

NSF Requirement B 2.1 Guidance

Started by , Mar 25 2020 11:15 PM
2 Replies

Hello everyone,

I understand that this will likely get moved into a different forum section, but I couldn't find anything particularly pertaining to NSF requirements.

So I'm preparing to meet NSF requirements for dietary supplements in order to add their mark to our labels, as well as ideally move pesky in person audits from other companies when I can provide a thorough report which will (eventually, hopefully) show we certainly meet their standards, expectations, etc.

So my question is this: Does anyone have any experience in meeting NSF standards for dietary supplements, and how did you address the following Policy Reference "B 2.1 Background check procedures shall be defined and implemented for all personnel, including but not limited to contracted, temporary, season personnel as part of the new hiring process. Criminal background checks are not required." 

Thank you for helping,

It's My First Day

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9
[Ad]
We have a client in the supplement business with an NSF mark.

They simply contracted with a background checking company and received documented checks on each employee.

Contractor checks were also done where the company paid for the checks for all existing and then for new the contractor was required to pay for it.

Thwy keep a copy of each check on file and update every 2 years.
1 Thank

Thank you for your prompt response Glenn! It is appreciated. I'll have to explore that option further.

If anyone else has any insight, that would be appreciated as well.  

Similar Discussion Topics
What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9 Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Toilet Requirement per number of employees Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training Product not reaching the cooling temperature as per the FDA guidance Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance