What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the minimum labeling requirements for Food Service

Started by , Apr 13 2020 06:04 PM
3 Replies

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the site. I have been using the forums for some information for a few months now and have found this community to be very beneficial. 

I have a question regarding labeling on food service boxes that we send to restaurants. We make frozen foods and I am just trying to figure out what the minimum requirements for labeling are. I've been trying to wade through the FDA site and their guidelines. Just wondering if someone here had a quick list readily available.

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food safety culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement?
[Ad]

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the site. I have been using the forums for some information for a few months now and have found this community to be very beneficial. 

I have a question regarding labeling on food service boxes that we send to restaurants. We make frozen foods and I am just trying to figure out what the minimum requirements for labeling are. I've been trying to wade through the FDA site and their guidelines. Just wondering if someone here had a quick list readily available.

Thanks!

You need the ingredients in order by weight. The amount in the package. You are not required to put a nutritional facts on the label.

For ingredients - if there is an allergen. Those same rules apply.

https://www.fda.gov/.../81606/download

1 Like1 Thank

I think you also need to include storage instructions for your frozen foods on your label.

Regards,

Faith.

1 Like1 Thank

Please keep in mind that if your customer is a restaurant or foodservice, they have to post nutritional information on their menus.  You may wish to refer to the FDA Food Code.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food safety culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Repackaging of Food Grade product As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention