What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What parameters should be taken in swab testing on food contact surfaces and what are the standard limits?

Started by , Apr 16 2020 05:54 AM
2 Replies

Good Day everyone!!!!

may i ask what parameter should be taken in swab testing on food contact surfaces and what its standard limit? may i request for references. our product is RTE..

thank you for your help

boging

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement?
[Ad]

Hi Boging, 

It is up to you what you test for - however, I would recommend at least Listeria and ACC as your product is ready to eat. 

Listeria limit should be Not Detected - test for listeria spp. then if you get a hit find the speices - then this will help determine your action plan. 

ACC - this will depend - some countries have a set legislation on the limits - but I would suggest you do some pre clean and post clean test - you are really looking for around a 5-6 log reduction in ACC following a 2 stage cleaning process - 3-4 log from detergent and then a further 2-3 log from the disinfectant. so if you have 10^6 to start you would be maybe looking at 100 ACC in the end and this could be your limit. 

You could also look at doing environmental sampling for E.coli, Colifroms, Entreo, Salmonella. 

Please check your countries legislation and food laws - also customers may have some guidance on what they require testing. 

Thanks

1 Thank

Good Day everyone!!!!

may i ask what parameter should be taken in swab testing on food contact surfaces and what its standard limit? may i request for references. our product is RTE..

thank you for your help

boging

Hi boging,

Please avoid duplicate Posts which cause confusion.

https://www.ifsqn.co...es/#entry153552

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Zone 1,2,3 Limits in various facilities Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations?