What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do we need a certificate from just the distributor or from every company that the distributor supplies to us?

Started by , Apr 16 2020 12:55 PM
4 Replies

Does anyone know if we we need a certificate from just the distributor or from every company that the distributor supplies to us? We are SQF. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company
[Ad]

I am referring to Certificate of Insurance. 

I am referring to Certificate of Insurance. 

Hi LH,

Insurance for What ?

SQF Clause = ?

I do not see any mention of "Certificate of Insurance" in the SQF Manufacturing Standard ?

It would be best to get a Letter of Insurance from each company you receive supplies from. A distributor is not going to insure the product if there is an issue, where a manufacture has to have this insurance.

Best Wishes,

Hi,

There is no requirement that you obtain a certficate of insurance from your suppliers/brokers as far as SQF is concerned.

I do have several clients (that while SQF certified) that require this of their direct suppliers but it is an internal requirement from the business office, accounting, etc.

Similar Discussion Topics
The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Third party audit certificate redacted Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Calibration Certificate Expiration In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? Cheese company uniforms