What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Labeling of wild fish products in relation to fat content

Started by , Apr 17 2020 01:46 PM
4 Replies

Good day,

Processed fish fat content depends on the fishing period, more fat on July and, low in December. For labeling of such products, what values must be displayed on the labels: the max, the min or the average value.

Any help

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation
[Ad]

Strongly dependend on regulations, I could help you out with values for the EU.

There are some deviations possible.

https://ec.europa.eu...ces_1212_en.pdf

Not too sure if helpful or not.

For fat, FDA should not find more than 120 percent of the declared amount. So you can label accordingly.

Sent from my motorola one power using Tapatalk
1 Thank

We have a seafood company (client) and it was determined to go with a mid-range and as Kick noted the 120% - you should be able to stay within this range. The company notes that the fat content is approx. based on time of year. With fat testing the range thus far has been acceptable.

I thank you very much for your replies

larbi

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation Allergen Labeling Seafood Unrefined oil allergen labeling Retail Labeling Labeling Ready Meals as Bake SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling