What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is FSMA applicable to the production of enzymes for the food industry?

Started by , Apr 29 2020 07:26 PM
2 Replies

Is FSMA applicable to the production of enzymes for the food industry?  I'm trying to approve a supplier but they have provided a HACCP Plan rather than a Food Safety Plan and Preventive Controls are not in place from what I can tell.  I can't seem to find a yes or no on the FDA website.  Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

It would depend on the name and function of the enzymes - for instance let's say it is rennet (protese) and its function is to coagulate cheese - the answer would be yes they need to provide you with the information.  

Take a look at this link for further info:

https://www.research...n_Food_Industry

It would depend on the name and function of the enzymes - for instance let's say it is rennet (protese) and its function is to coagulate cheese - the answer would be yes they need to provide you with the information.  

Take a look at this link for further info:

https://www.research...n_Food_Industry

Thank you Glenn!  Always a pleasure.

In this case, the enzymes are used to clarify a vegetable, specifically carrot.

So, are you saying that if the enzyme is listed in this table then PC for Human Food would apply?  Thanks again! 

The name of the enzymes are:  glucoamylase and polygalacturonase.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan