What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What could be the root cause of metallic odor in water?

Started by , Apr 30 2020 01:05 PM
6 Replies
Our water treatment has Sand filter , Activated carbon ,Sodium Ion exchanger , Reverse osmosis and titanium filter after that all process the water has smell metallic something. Can you please help me to find the root cause
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Determining Root Cause Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production
[Ad]

Why don't you send a sample of the water in for a lab analysis? You can have the sample tested for common metals: copper, zinc, iron, magnesium, etc. If the results come back high in a certain type of metal that may help you determine the root cause. Sometimes pipes can leach into the water, or cause build up of minerals. I would look into this as well.

I would have your tech for the water system come check out the system to make sure all the filters are still good. It could be the filters need to be changed. I would also suggest sending a water sample to the lab to test for heavy metals. 

You either have a water filtration system not functioning or it is the piping after water treatment.  All the treatment you suggested should remove just about everything in the water.

As others have mentioned send a sample out for analysis and see what they come up with.  But, look at your filtration system and your piping after the system.

Do you add minerals back in at the end of the filtration process? Excess potassium can cause a metallic/fishy taste.

Extensive water sampling and sensory is required from different points. 

1) Bowell water

2) From storage tank

3) Before and after filter

Put some triangle sample in sensory.

If metallic smell start just after filter then need to look into only filter parts, material, cleanliness.

Regards    

What is your source of water ? This may be due to high Iron/Fe content of the source water. Do a complete chemical analysis for your source water. If the Fe (Ferrous) content is high, use Green Sand filter (Manganese ore) in your water treatment system. 

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Determining Root Cause Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule Customer complaints for excess water in onions Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site?