What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to monitor compliance with laundry instructions?

Started by , May 07 2020 04:06 PM
5 Replies

In a recent audit for IFS PACsecure, we were cited for issues with clothing.   We do not have a laundry service clean uniforms but rely on the employees to meet the required cleaning guidelines for clothes.  We are creating a guideline for proper cleaning of clothes worn to our facility, but I am not sure how it can be adequately monitored for compliance.  Any suggestions?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance ISO 8573-1 Compliance-Point of Use SQF 2.5.1.1 Non-compliance
[Ad]

Your best bet is to contract with a HACCP certified laundry service. We contract with a HACCP certified laundry service that provides all employees with smocks that cover their personal clothing. This ensures we have verifiable clean smocks that are in good condition (no holes, loose threads, tears, etc.) for all employees. 

Simplest way would be to document visual inspections during your internal GMP audits. If employees are wearing soliled/unwashed clothing you would take action, if they aren't, you have a monitoring mechanism in place.

Not sure if that will be sufficient for the particular scheme you're being audited under.

1 Like

In a recent audit for IFS PACsecure, we were cited for issues with clothing.   We do not have a laundry service clean uniforms but rely on the employees to meet the required cleaning guidelines for clothes.  We are creating a guideline for proper cleaning of clothes worn to our facility, but I am not sure how it can be adequately monitored for compliance.  Any suggestions?

Micro swabbing.

Micro swabbing.

Always been curious about the sampling protocol for that. Is swabbing appropriate on linens? Is there an accepted practice out there? I know BRC looks for it.

Always been curious about the sampling protocol for that. Is swabbing appropriate on linens? Is there an accepted practice out there? I know BRC looks for it.

Hi 3F,

This 2009 thread is quite micro. useful.

https://www.ifsqn.co...ing/#entry33568

files 02, 03 in post 9 contain substantial micro. data inc (German) limits for dried linen/textiles.(03 has a sampling "picture" which these days often utilizes petrifilm plates IMEX).

file 10 suggests an alternative option if the indicator is available although, as noted later, the temperature mentioned (60degC) is too low.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance ISO 8573-1 Compliance-Point of Use SQF 2.5.1.1 Non-compliance Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Laundry at Home! Laundry Practices for SQF