What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Co-packing soup from non HACCP certified suppliers in a HACCP certified facility

Started by , May 08 2020 10:12 PM
3 Replies

Hello,

My company is working on a contract to co-pack soup. Our client is requesting to use specific ingredients which are hard to obtain from a HACCP certified supplier. They are selling their product to retailers who do not require HACCP certification. My company got HACCP certified a few months ago. We haven't had a CFIA audit yet. 

I am wondering if we follow proper segregation & sanitation practices, if it is ok to use ingredients from non HACCP certified supplier? I will create SOPs for GMP practices however, do I add this product to our HACCP plan? Are we even allowed to do this? I can;t find specific information on this topic.

Thanks,

Foodprep

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packing process for a new beverage HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible?
[Ad]

Hello,

First you need to check does your customer asks that you source from suppliers with the HACCP certificate. If not, you can ask from your supplier to follow the rules of HACCP including GMP practices etc. 

And YES, you add all ingredients to your plans, and evaluate that risk could be higher in case that supplier does not follow HACCP rules. You can also include supplier audit were you can go on their site to make sure they follow the rules (this could be costly). 

Pozdrav,

Surčinski

1 Like1 Thank

Much appreciated :)

If your customer is selling within the province then you only need to meet the provincial requirements - however, if you obtain your ingredients from outside the province under the new SFCR guidelines all food sold between provinces MUST come from a licensed facility and MUST have a Preventive Controls plan (which would be equal to a written HACCP plan).

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Packing process for a new beverage HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Fumes in the Production Facility