What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Suggestions for PPE Storage and Locker Rooms

Started by , May 19 2020 04:37 PM
4 Replies

Hi all,

First time poster, long time lurker.

I'm looking for help - I work for a frozen food manufacturer who are BRC audited and are low risk. Most importantly we want to change the way we store our PPE coats, trousers and white shoes. 

We have an issue whereby our changing rooms and PPE changing rooms are quite small, a bit back to front and not overly ideal. 

At the moment we rent lockers from our PPE provider which we want to get rid of. These are standard 5 tier high lockers.

We work on a pool system for our coats and trousers and are looking at things like commercial laundry baskets to store them in, or shelving, mesh shelving etc. 

There seems to be no perfect answer but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Suggestions for implementing ISO 22000 in catering Suggestions on food safety program best fit with ISO 9001 Suggestions for the implementation of new additional requirement in FSSC 22000 V6 Need suggestions on the creation of a document register, document control and labeling of each document Suggestions for maintaining bathroom hygiene
[Ad]

I've seen mesh shelving in BRC companies and there were no issues.

1 Thank

Mesh is great because it doesn't quickly accumulate dust like a flat shelf does.

Not sure if this would help, but many BRC food manufacturing sites are turning to PPE wall mounted stations in the way of a shadow board. Could help solve your space issue and auditors love them too. 

https://shadowboards...-board-gallery/ - these guys should be able to help if so. 

Wire mesh shelving works best, also had no issues as long as it is tidy and employees do not store anything else on the shelves.

Similar Discussion Topics
Suggestions for implementing ISO 22000 in catering Suggestions on food safety program best fit with ISO 9001 Suggestions for the implementation of new additional requirement in FSSC 22000 V6 Need suggestions on the creation of a document register, document control and labeling of each document Suggestions for maintaining bathroom hygiene Software Suggestions Biologicals- B, C and P hazards suggestions Continuous Process Flow corrective actions suggestions Quality Not Included-Suggestions Welcome Suggestions on Food Safe Cleaners