What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Giardiniera in olive oil

Started by , May 22 2020 06:24 PM
4 Replies

has anyone experienced cloudy giardiniera when it is made with Olive Oil? we have no issue when using vinegar but sometimes we see the olive oil giardiniera get cloudy? any thoughts?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Two reasons come to mind --

1. If stored at any point at 50 degrees or lower it can become cloudy.

2. If unfiltered it could be cloudy from the onset.

The #3 to me would be the temperature of the veg being added in combined with the temperature of the oil.

By the way the Muffaletta was excellent and my Linda said it should be called Muffaletta Madness.... and she added that olive oil would be a great sub for soybean.  We've been adding it to pizzas and sandwiches!

Glenn thank you.

Your Linda is correct on the Madness, please let me know anytime you want more or any of the other items we produce.

Ugh, still getting complaints on Cloudy olive oil with the Giardiniera, funny thing when we use a soybean-olive oil blend it does not get cloudy

I may be late to comment, but the temperature of the oil or the lack of racking is mostlikely what is causing the cloudiness. I work for a producer in CA and have run trials on the effects of temperature. At what point are you seeing the cloudieness? And what temp is the oil being stored at, during this.

Similar Discussion Topics