What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone know if it is possible to certify a clean room only?

Started by , May 27 2020 08:56 PM
5 Replies
does anyone know if it is possible to certify a clean room only? If we exempt the rest of the plant due to zero food related items processed anywhere but in a potential clean room.

I know I am grasping at straws, but I do what I am asked
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area How to clean and sanitize in a chocolate & confectionary facility? Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement
[Ad]

Yes you can.

You would exempt everything else.

But everything else is subject to inspection.

... and all inputs would be a part of the audit.

Seen this done once - not recommended, but doable.

1 Thank

thank you so much!!!

What on Earth is a "certification for address" ?

Guarantees Someone is living Somewhere ?

does anyone know if it is possible to certify a clean room only? If we exempt the rest of the plant due to zero food related items processed anywhere but in a potential clean room.

I know I am grasping at straws, but I do what I am asked

You've posted this in the BRC packaging section, so I'm assuming that this is the standard in which you're specifically interested?

BRC is more restrictive on exclusions than many of the other standards, but it does sound as though this may be feasible for you. The requirement for the current packaging standard (available free from the BRC bookshop here: https://www.brcgsboo...ue-6/c-24/p-565) is that exclusions are acceptable where:

• The excluded products can be clearly differentiated from products within scope, and
  • the products are produced in a physically segregated area of the factory.

It sounds like part 2 is easy for you, so the only other point to consider is the first element - if you're only making food-related packaging materials in this one area then again it seems that this should be feasible.

Adding to the above, where processes related to the clean room are carried out not within the clean room, these must be included in your systems and will be included in the audit. (Unless you are very lucky as happened in a company I recently visited to do a pre-supply audit)

These include things like raw material receipt and storage, maintenance, pest control, waste disposal etc.

I have seen the clean room approach a few times but in every case I can remember, there were 'external' areas which had been missed. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area How to clean and sanitize in a chocolate & confectionary facility? Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Ambient room temperature in RTE packaging room Why do we need to deep clean? Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization SQF Plant - Using Boiling Water and Wipe to Clean the equipment without Detergent and Sanitizer Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer?