What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can anyone recommend where I can get food safety and science training / certifications

Started by , Jun 01 2020 05:37 PM
9 Replies
Hi, I’m looking to broaden my education as I am potentially seeking a new position in food safety, however I do not have the recommended background most positions require. I was promoted internally due to my drive and understanding of the field...but on paper, I only have the experience, not a lot of official education in this area. Can anyone recommend where I can get certifications on many of the topics in this field? I currently am SQF Coordinator and QA Manager and would love to make a somewhat lateral move. I appreciate any help!
-Anne from Boston, MA
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

NSF is a great source for education and certificates.

https://www.nsf.org/...ing-food-safety

www.haccpmentor.com

www.asq.org

www.eurofins.com

www.22000-tools.com

www.ifsqn.com (yup right here they have great trainings and courses).

www.ift.org

hope these help :)

1 Thank

Also if your company is willing to pay a little more you can look for Food Science/Safety certificates in certain fields offered by many Universities :)

I'm rather partial to our own Internal Auditor training program, however I understand that IFSQN has a rather nifty program as does WQS of Charlotte, NC

Also, like courses offered by NEHA.

Do you happen to have any secondary education? There are many credible masters programs available around the US for Food Safety that are almost completely online/remote learning. 

I have a BA in Communications. Then worked in marketing then restaurants for so long, I ended up here.
I’m not sure I can afford a masters program being a single mom. Also not sure if I have the credentials...hmm

www.haccpmentor.com

www.asq.org

www.eurofins.com

www.22000-tools.com

www.ifsqn.com (yup right here they have great trainings and courses).

www.ift.org

hope these help :)

Hi Food Scientist. Do you by any chance know which HACCP courses provide certificates? One of our customers requires take re-fresh HACCP every 5 years, regardless university degree, related college education, etc. Please, advise: my latest HACCP college certificate expires  in a year

Hi, I’m looking to broaden my education as I am potentially seeking a new position in food safety, however I do not have the recommended background most positions require. I was promoted internally due to my drive and understanding of the field...but on paper, I only have the experience, not a lot of official education in this area. Can anyone recommend where I can get certifications on many of the topics in this field? I currently am SQF Coordinator and QA Manager and would love to make a somewhat lateral move. I appreciate any help!
-Anne from Boston, MA

Hi Anne,

I anticipate the options for certifications you are seeking may depend on (a) lack directly related credentials, (b) current technical knowledge base and (c) type/business of  new position you are interested in  ??

(IMEX [not USA] SQF Coordinator / QA manager  usually implies "substantial" for (b) even without directly related credentials  :thumbup:  )

on-line courses ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations?