What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hot fill and hold Micro Requirements

Started by , Jun 09 2020 01:01 PM
2 Replies

Good Morning all you microbiologists out there.

I have a hot fill-and-hold beverage with a pH of 3.9.

Primary ingredients 60% water, 40% oil and less than 3% of dairy and other trace.

Recommended micro to test for?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Changing from Hot Fill to Tunnel Pasteurization
[Ad]

How high is your cook temperature. This will make a difference. I attached an article about thermal processing for foods with a pH of 4.1 to 4.6. This might help. 

Attached Files

1 Like

How high is your cook temperature. This will make a difference. I attached an article about thermal processing for foods with a pH of 4.1 to 4.6. This might help. 

Hi kfromNE,

Not my area but there seem to be a variety of hot-fill processes for pasteurization.

Typical Beverages (is it?)  seem to run at ca 90degC area but based on precisely what maths is elusive, eg -

Hot-Fill-Processing-of-beverages.pdf   1.58MB   22 downloads

As to the micro question, presumably APC plates should incubate clean for starters.??

PS - as per composition of OP, dairy would seem to be <<<<3%

@ scaime - what is the reason for yr query ?

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Changing from Hot Fill to Tunnel Pasteurization Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Requirements for Work In Process WIP Requirements for packaging Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production