What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cold Storage and Distribution HACCP Plan

Started by , Jun 19 2020 08:50 PM
2 Replies

Hello!

I've been tasked to develop a HACCP Plan and ultimately get our company SQF Level 2 certified.  We receive a wide variety of closed and sealed products in chilled to frozen form the dock and store in our freezer until it ships to the customer.  With the range of products, I am reaching out for suggestions on where to start and if I should include all product hazard analysis in my plan for distribution.

Thank you for your assistance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Cold Smoked Prawns HACCP HACCP Cold Storage Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement
[Ad]

Welcome KDR0806!

Big task to undertake.

I see that more and more food storage/distribution/logistic/transporters are going for SQF certification and that is of course a really good thing.

Need to decide whether you want to go DIY or bring in a consultant to handle it all -- but, the first thing you should do is a gap analysis - to see what you have, what you don't and based on a comprehensive inspection of the facility determine what (if any) capital or operational needs - need to be met in order to be in compliance with SQF.

By any chance is your name is Tony and/or is your location in the Hickory, NC area?  Just wondering.

Welcome again!

Hello!

I've been tasked to develop a HACCP Plan and ultimately get our company SQF Level 2 certified.  We receive a wide variety of closed and sealed products in chilled to frozen form the dock and store in our freezer until it ships to the customer.  With the range of products, I am reaching out for suggestions on where to start and if I should include all product hazard analysis in my plan for distribution.

Thank you for your assistance!

See these 2 threads which contain several useful haccp plans, esp, IMO, post 7 of 1st link and Posts 2, 4 of 2nd Link -

https://www.ifsqn.co...age/#entry77986

https://www.ifsqn.co...any/#entry82622

PS - note that SQF "lvl 2" has been superceded, nomenclature-wise. :smile:

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Cold Smoked Prawns HACCP HACCP Cold Storage Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Transitioning from hot fill to cold fill for Low acid refrigerated dairy product Cold Storage added to our current HACCP Plan Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite Design Cold Chain Temp Monitoring Program Cold Chain Standards