What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone have the regulations or format of how hand sanitizers must be code dated?

Started by , Jun 29 2020 11:21 AM
5 Replies

does anyone have the regulations or format of how hand sanitizers must be code dated?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Designing Sample Request Format SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? SQF Code Sector Question
[Ad]

https://www.fda.gov/...products-during

This mentions how you should label the products.

I work for a flavor company and we are temporarily making hand sanitizer.  We are using our regular lot code system for the hand sanitizer, with a "Best By" date in addition to the lot code.  It seems to be an industry standard for hand sanitizer to have a best by date of 2 years.

I work for a flavor company and we are temporarily making hand sanitizer.  We are using our regular lot code system for the hand sanitizer, with a "Best By" date in addition to the lot code.  It seems to be an industry standard for hand sanitizer to have a best by date of 2 years.

What happens after 2 years ?

Hi Kara,

thanks for the link. The comments seem mainly plausible.

Amazingly, nowhere could I find a link or reference to an actual validation of a hand sanitizer shelf life except for one article whose procedure took  4 days !

However I did notice this vaguely  intriguing comment -

hand sanitizer.PNG   30.56KB   0 downloads

https://www.cleanlin...er-Facts--14693

Based on a random search of promoted products/articles you could just as easily support a labelled shelf life of 3 years.

As an elementary example, afaik the usual (effectiveness) requirement is minimum 60% alcohol.

The shelf life is typically claimed to be predicated on an evaluation of when the % alcohol has lost 10% (relative) of its original value.

So if you buy 70% alcohol then, by definition, it should  still be effective after it's expiration date,

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Designing Sample Request Format SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? SQF Code Sector Question SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Hand Wash Water Temperatures Foot Bath Sanitizers EU regulations on black spec allowance in sugar