What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What equipment should be on a Glass and Brittle Plastic Cleaning Station?

Started by , Jul 06 2020 09:53 AM
4 Replies

Hi everyone.

I have just started the journey to obtain BRC accreditation for my workplace.

I have broken the process down into chunks and am currently working on the Glass and Brittle Plastic policy.

I have produced the register and identified all that needs to be included.

I want to produce a cleaning station.

Can anyone recommend the equipment that should be on it and any further advice would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal?
[Ad]

Not very clear what you mean by "want to produce a cleaning station", please clarify.

I want to provide a portable station that would hold all things required to clean up a glass/plastic breakage.

That would depend on such things as products you manufacture, how your products're packed, potential areas of breakage, glass & BP fixtures you have in those areas, etc. For example, if you manufacture sausages and lights're broken above the shelves with exposed products, you'll need to dispose all potentially affected products. If say lights're broken in a pasteurization room, where all processes are closed and there's no exposed products, you'll need just to flush glass pieces with water. If for instance you have broken lights in a cooling room where you have your packed products stored, you'll need to do investigation to determine affected products, separate them, make decisions on disposition, etc. If your ceiling lights are sleeved in silicone, there won't be much damage. Et cetera, et cetera. So, the equipment you need to remove glass/BP pieces would totally depend on your production specifics.

We set up a dedicated set of brooms, dustpans, and cleaning instructions. It is set in a dedicated location, with zip ties to prevent usage for other items

Similar Discussion Topics
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification COP Ancillary Equipment Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment?