What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How do you carry out Validation of Waste Control?

Started by , Jul 15 2020 05:46 PM
4 Replies

Good Afternoon-

In our most recent SQF Audit we had someone new that docked us for not having Waste Control in our Validation Program.  How do I validate waste control?  She said Monthly Internal Audits are not sufficient.  Anyone have ideas?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Food loss and waste procedure Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor
[Ad]

You could review pest control records and compare them against a trending analysis.

You actually got written up for that?

Call the CB and complain and demand it be overturned.

That is just a dumb thing for an Auditor to do.

Interesting. I was always under the impression internal inspections were the BEST way to validate the waste control program was working.

The trash cans are overflowing, the dumpster is overflowing, oh and the dumpster lid isn't closed? Waste control program not working :(

Trash at acceptable levels with no foul odors or noticeable pest activity, repeatedly observed month after month? Waste control program working :)

I'm glad Glen called the auditor out..I didn't want to be the only one who thought that was silly.

Any context ?

As per previous Post, I guess an encountered event  like overflowing rubbish bins in the middle of the Production Floor  might have generated a (sardonic?) "hygiene-related" comment ??

If no context then I agree the query is redundant unless  somewhere artfully requested within the lengthy Standard preamble.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Food loss and waste procedure Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Questions used to determine the critical control point Control of nitrile gloves Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control