What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Micro testing requirements for bakery products

Started by , Jul 21 2020 07:03 AM

Hi everyone,

I need some help with micro testing on the Australian food standard. It feels like everyone says and knows something different. 

1. Can someone help in regarding Bakery and pastry goods and microbiological testing requirements for Australian standard. Is there a reference or table which helps us to distinguish between pastry, cake and bread products in regards to micro testing and for what we should test?

As the testing requirements are different for the above mentioned categories, we are not 100% sure where to draw the line, so is there any guidance or so to follow?

2.  Are bakery, pastry (no cream) goods declared as ready to eat food or not? (so fare as i know, yes as there is no further reheating required)

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you 

Hi mohsen,

So what does the Standard (assuming there is one) actually say ?

(IIRC Australian Standards are only available with $$$)

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

I need some help with micro testing on the Australian food standard. It feels like everyone says and knows something different. 

1. Can someone help in regarding Bakery and pastry goods and microbiological testing requirements for Australian standard. Is there a reference or table which helps us to distinguish between pastry, cake and bread products in regards to micro testing and for what we should test?

As the testing requirements are different for the above mentioned categories, we are not 100% sure where to draw the line, so is there any guidance or so to follow?

2.  Are bakery, pastry (no cream) goods declared as ready to eat food or not? (so fare as i know, yes as there is no further reheating required)

Thank you 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Compressed Air - Micro parameters Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces
[Ad]

Hi everyone,

Thank you 

Hi mohsen,

So what does the Standard (assuming there is one) actually say ?

(IIRC Australian Standards are only available with $$$)

Similar Discussion Topics
Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Compressed Air - Micro parameters Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces Micro Lab Testing Micro Testing Composite Sampling Interpretation of micro testing guide Equipment Micro Standards Micro Testing for French Fries