What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Where should I document the consequences of a non-conformity?

Started by , Jul 22 2020 04:31 AM
3 Replies

Hello,

We were audited last month using BRC standard and we have a finding that states"a. The assessment of consequences of the noted non-conformity was not established in the current procedure". Is there a template or do we just need to state on the procedure that we just need to identify the possible consequences of the NC?

Thanks,

Tony

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document
[Ad]

Yes, just add it to the wording in the procedure and detail it on the NC report. That should suffice.

I would review that Procedure and make sure that's the only thing omitted. I review all procedures annually and make sure they follow our processes exactly. A lot of things can change from one year to another including the codes themselves. That seems like a major omission of the Corrective / Preventive Action Procedure, there may be more? Root cause, corrective and preventive action all need to be included. We use a CPAR (Request) form that is populated with all information regarding the case until it is closed out.

Non-Conformance - Root Cause Analysis - Corrective Action - Preventative Action 

Ensure the full procedure of what you do regarding non-conformances is written in procedure, otherwise, even if you still do the correct thing, it doesn't count if it's not written in procedure. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document Does anyone have a template of validation document? Commissioning document template for new equipment sign off Document Structure for Hazard Analysis Worksheet and CCP Decision Tree Closing period for non-conformity Is it a requirement to sign every document and policy?