What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF certified company always looking for ways to improve our current process

Started by , Jul 30 2020 07:28 PM
3 Replies

My name is Kelly McLaughlin. I currently work for a company that is SQF certified with our plant audit occurring this month. I am looking for ways to improve upon our current procedures. Some of my struggle is more employee related. Our format for procedures is very dry and sometimes difficult for them to understand.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company
[Ad]

Go simple and pictorial - but understandable, that's your goal 

1 Thank

Good afternoon and welcome Kelly - make it fun and give your employees some buy in - prizes, bonuses, etc.

Hi Kelly, I agree with both the simplification and buy in suggestions. 

I'd add, keep your finger on the culture. I've been in manufacturing sites where prizes, etc. are laughed at and not taken seriously. I've also been in distribution centers where they LOVED things like this.

I would try to combine the two above suggestions. Create a list of 'trouble' procedures. Recruit a couple average Joe/Jill's from the employee group, specifically ones that might seem to be struggling (Get the OK from their supervisor/managers).Tell them you need their help to make the procedures more user friendly. 

If you go that route, document it all and make sure to show it to your auditor. It is a great way to show continual improvement.

Similar Discussion Topics
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Requirements for Work In Process WIP Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps