What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Looking for a safe and fast method to dry defrosted prawns

Started by , Aug 11 2020 07:47 AM
2 Replies

Hi

I'm looking for a safe and fast method to dry defrosted prawns (  water excess), which will be used for a cocktail, as I don't want any water at the bottom of packaging during shelf life ( transparent tubs).

the process looks like this:

defrosting on trays ( perforated ) in the fridge- normally overnight, keep the temp low below 5C

to dry them I though to pat dry with a kitchen towel ( paper), or use kind of equipment like salad spinner?

weight, add other ingredients and pack.

I try to reduce processing time so the product is kept in a low temp and out of the fridge for a short period of time.

I'm not so kind of using a paper kitchen towel as I'm concerned about possible cross-contamination, and it is also time-consuming.

I tried to use the salad spinner, and time is shorter but the prawn surface is not exactly dry.

Any ideas will be appreciated
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Standard Bread Baking Method School Safe - What does this mean?
[Ad]

Hi anna,

Offhand, this looks like something for a "wish list".

You maybe need to do some experimentation as to how much "dry" is required.

Hi anna,

Offhand, this looks like something for a "wish list".

You maybe need to do some experimentation as to how much "dry" is required.

Hi Charles C,

a wish list, thats not a bad idea maybe  Santa Clause will be kind this year :giggle:

I thought maybe somebody will be able to give me some advice on what else we could use.

If there is any pieces of equipment worth considering. Many companies makes Prawns in RTE form, so I'm assuming they must dry them somehow??

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Standard Bread Baking Method School Safe - What does this mean? Trying to find a food safe knife for opening bags Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document Test method documentation and details Safe method to thaw juices to go into batches Cold Smoked Prawns HACCP