What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF - 11.6.4 Storage of Hazardous Chemicals and Toxic Substances -Training

Started by , Aug 12 2020 05:49 PM
4 Replies

According to the SQF - 11.6.4 Storage of Hazardous Chemicals and Toxic Substances.

11.6.4.5 Hazardous chemical and toxic substance storage facilities shall: Be secure and lockable to restrict access only to those personnel with formal training in the handling and use of hazardous chemicals and toxic substances.

My question is does the "formal" training need to be provided by an external source or is online training will be acceptable? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals
[Ad]

Why don't you just simply train your responsible personnel (those who have access to haz. chem/toxic subst.) in house? Why do you to spend money on online training? It should be simple if I understand a word "formal" correctly.

Most chemical companies will provide "formal" training and have printed or online training material, tests, etc. - some charge and some are free - depends on your mix, volume etc.

Years back I was certified for training on hazardous chemicals and we provided "formal" training - you might also be able to get some useful material from your suppliers if they don't provide direct training.

1 Thank

Most chemical companies will provide "formal" training and have printed or online training material, tests, etc. - some charge and some are free - depends on your mix, volume etc.

Years back I was certified for training on hazardous chemicals and we provided "formal" training - you might also be able to get some useful material from your suppliers if they don't provide direct training.

So the online training would be acceptable as FORMAL training?

Make sure, online training covers storage, usage, ppe, msds, label info, hazardous signs, solution concentration check (if needed), etc. Great idea is to ask chemical supplier to provide training - but that would work I think only if you're getting all chemicals from the same supplier.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Warehouse Storage Practices What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule