What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Testing for previously frozen chicken

Started by , Aug 14 2020 01:31 PM
9 Replies

Hi all,

I have a question please, is there any kind of "Testing kit" that can help us determine if raw chicken were previously frozen?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method
[Ad]

Hi Mariam Y., I like your profile picture, real Canadian, eh? :shades: Sorry for off-topic...

1 Thank

Hi Mariam Y., I like your profile picture, real Canadian, eh? :shades: Sorry for off-topic...

and Very Proud  :gleam:

My understanding from a client's lab is that you would need a "density" analysis and no, I have no idea how this works.

1 Thank

I think the only way to detect previously frozen meat is under a microscope as the cell structure will have changed.

1 Thank

How about water activity? Wouldn't it be different in thawed and fresh chicken? Logically, it should be, no?

My understanding from a client's lab is that you would need a "density" analysis and no, I have no idea how this works.

Thanks for replying. 

A chicken company (client) is asking if there is any testing that can help them identify the raw material they use, it is a good direction to check with labs maybe.

I think the only way to detect previously frozen meat is under a microscope as the cell structure will have changed.

That's an idea! I will try to find if there is any literature published one this topic.

Thanks!

How about water activity? Wouldn't it be different in thawed and fresh chicken? Logically, it should be, no?

I am not sure, maybe there is something out there about this.

I will try to look around. Thanks :)

Similar Discussion Topics
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Compressed air testing needed? Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Salmonella testing