What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Limits for Hand Hygiene Test by TSA contact plates

Started by , Aug 17 2020 02:40 AM
4 Replies

This week I'm planning to do the hand hygiene test and will be using TSA contact plates. We sample the surface of inner palm by formly pressing the agar against the three test area. I will count the colony. What guys you think about limit? What number is satisfy and what is not satisfy?

Thanks so much

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Zone 1,2,3 Limits in various facilities Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility
[Ad]

Hi,

It also depends on when you are doing these hand hygiëne tests (after handwashing, during production) and if it is the latter it also depends on the microbiological load of your product.

We found the test during production unsuitable for cured products.

For our company we use the following chart:

• 0-3 colonies 
    excellent
  • 4 -13 colonies
    good
  • 14-41 colonies
    moderate
  • 41-130
    insufficiënt
  • 131+
    bad

Good luck!

1 Like1 Thank

Agree with Marloes: it's ineffective in cured/fermented product manufacturing environment. I swab employees' hands for E. Coli, limit less than 10.

1 Like1 Thank

Thank you for the reply and Im sorry I havent been more specific.

The test will be taken after handwashing. Most product is dairy (roux - mix of butter and flour).

This week I'm planning to do the hand hygiene test and will be using TSA contact plates. We sample the surface of inner palm by formly pressing the agar against the three test area. I will count the colony. What guys you think about limit? What number is satisfy and what is not satisfy?

Thanks so much

hi macie,

see this thread and particularly Post 8 -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ces/#entry60958

(the specific process might also have some influence, eg RTE/NRTE)

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Zone 1,2,3 Limits in various facilities Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility MOSH MOAH limits in Germany Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Zone 3 APC Limits What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings