What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is an SQF audit acceptable instead of a GAP Canada audit for suppliers?

Started by , Aug 20 2020 12:21 PM
3 Replies

Hi Guys!

Ive just been asked by a customer to provide GAP audits for our suppliers (we manufacture agricultural products) and we complete GMP audits. To my Canadian friends, can this still be an SQF audit or does this mean I need to provide a GAP Canada audit?

Thanks. :) 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

I'm sadly not a Canadian (you have much better mountain biking than us :ejut:), but as SQF is GFSI-benchmarked, I'm struggling to envisage a customer not finding it acceptable. Nonetheless it's been my experience that customers can have some very strange ideas, so I'd check with them.

1 Thank

I'm sadly not a Canadian (you have much better mountain biking than us :ejut:), but as SQF is GFSI-benchmarked, I'm struggling to envisage a customer not finding it acceptable. Nonetheless it's been my experience that customers can have some very strange ideas, so I'd check with them.

Yeah this is what I was thinking. Because a SQF audit, being the agricultural code, would mean that they would follow GAP right?

From what I read - it may be if your suppliers are audited to Canada GAP - all you  need is to provide a copy of the certification they have - If they are US sourced then you would request any Global GAP audit certification - probably the customer doesn't understand the myriad of certifications out there?

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing