What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Help! What category would we be considered under SQF?

Started by , Aug 24 2020 05:54 PM
3 Replies

I am attempting to figure out what standard I would fall under. I just started with a new company and we basically received finished goods and box them into shippers or displays. We only have two products (vitamin/fiber) that would even be considered food. However, we do not keep any in house it is in and out the same day. What would we be considered? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Having trouble figuring out what product category this falls into Category selection for minerals and feed supplements in FSSC V5.1? Can an undetected test piece be considered a physical hazard in a metal detection process? Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? Minimum power of a magnet to be considered compliant with the food safety requirements?
[Ad]

Food Safety Code for Storage and Distribution.

I am assuming your are not actually touching the product.

https://www.sqfi.com...8.1-FINAL-1.pdf

We are touching the product (but not raw)...... for example we get the vitamins from the manufacture (bottled and ready to sell) and we build a display with the product (floor display/promotional display) then we send back to them for distro. 

We are touching the product (but not raw)...... for example we get the vitamins from the manufacture (bottled and ready to sell) and we build a display with the product (floor display/promotional display) then we send back to them for distro. 

OK, then that is the code manual for your company as posted.

Similar Discussion Topics
Having trouble figuring out what product category this falls into Category selection for minerals and feed supplements in FSSC V5.1? Can an undetected test piece be considered a physical hazard in a metal detection process? Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? Minimum power of a magnet to be considered compliant with the food safety requirements? When is flexible packaging considered recyclable? Contract Service Providers - who exactly falls under this category? Camellia oil formally considered food safe in the US? Are Green Coffee Beans considered food? Is a metal detector considered a process step?