What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC protocol for frozen products

Started by , Aug 26 2020 11:59 PM
1 Reply

Hi All

Hope everyone is keeping safe during this pandemic.

This is my first post on the portal and would like to thank everyone for their post. It has definitely helped me a lot.

I had a query in regards to frozen products and BRC standard for the products.

We have recently move to BRC from SQF and this year we have also started to freeze our product. 

We are manufacture bread(BRC CATEGORY 14) and are looking into supplying few of the bread in frozen state.

I understand BRC has a completely different procedure for frozen product.

As we are low risk company I have created the following paperwork however not sure if thats enough.  

Paperwork created:

1.Frozen products policy

2. Retention sample record when fresh

3. Retention same after thawed out after five days.

4. Freezer temperature monitoring log

Would really appreciate input on this.

Apologies in advance if I am being vague in any way.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Frozen meals - cooling requirements Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products
[Ad]

Hi All

Hope everyone is keeping safe during this pandemic.

This is my first post on the portal and would like to thank everyone for their post. It has definitely helped me a lot.

I had a query in regards to frozen products and BRC standard for the products.

We have recently move to BRC from SQF and this year we have also started to freeze our product. 

We are manufacture bread(BRC CATEGORY 14) and are looking into supplying few of the bread in frozen state.

I understand BRC has a completely different procedure for frozen product.

As we are low risk company I have created the following paperwork however not sure if thats enough.  

Paperwork created:

1.Frozen products policy

2. Retention sample record when fresh

3. Retention same after thawed out after five days.

4. Freezer temperature monitoring log

Would really appreciate input on this.

Apologies in advance if I am being vague in any way.

hi QMEB,

^^^^(red) - I'm not sure what you mean? Different in what respect ?

The 2 Standards do have some differences as is evident when you compare their texts.

Yr "paperwork" needs to respond to the various clauses of the BRC Standard. Do you have a copy already ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Frozen meals - cooling requirements Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Customer labeling of frozen pizza FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products