What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is there a requirement in BRC 8 to reassess SOPs?

Started by , Aug 31 2020 07:22 PM
4 Replies

Hi, I could not find any BRC requirement for SOP reassessment. As per BRC, are we required to reassess (review our SOPs) and what frequency must this be done? I just don't have much time to complete all the SOP review in a year period as we take our time to review properly. We have more than 100 SOPs.

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9 Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Toilet Requirement per number of employees
[Ad]

If GFSI doesn't indicate the review frequency, you should establish it yourself - but at least annually AFAK. It's quite easy if your procedures don't change - you just need to indicate "Annual review, no changes" or something like this. If SOP's been changed - that's another story, you'll need to revise and update it as per current procedure. I have around 70 SOPs and I review them myself - but that's easy for me as I've created them:)

Documents review is required based on below

HACCP documents Annually and if any change in your process

All other procedures Triannual

risk assessments every 10 years

Hi, I could not find any BRC requirement for SOP reassessment. As per BRC, are we required to reassess (review our SOPs) and what frequency must this be done? I just don't have much time to complete all the SOP review in a year period as we take our time to review properly. We have more than 100 SOPs.

Thank you

afai can also see, the BRC Standard contains no specific reference to "SOP" so it may be necessary for you to clarify what "Procedures" you are actually referring to ?

The word "review" appears approx. 120 times in the Standard so a little searching may be necessary.

For example one likely Candidate is Clause 2.14.1 -

The HACCP food safety team shall review the HACCP or food safety plan and prerequisite programmes
at least annually and prior to any changes which may affect food safety. As a guide, these may include
the following, although this is not an exhaustive list:

as Charles stated above there are several areas where it is specifically stated.

However, in MY opinion, you are not reviewing / assessing SOPs, etc during the internal audit(s), you are not conducting a decent internal
audit.

If a BRC auditor can review and assess your SOPs in 16 hours, certainly you can do it in a year. (not meant to be derogatory, but encouraging)

Similar Discussion Topics
What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9 Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Toilet Requirement per number of employees Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Do we need to have a sink in the lunch trailer or is the re-entry handwashing requirement sufficient? BRCGS Issue 9 Requirement: 4.9.6.3 - Other Foreign-Body Contaminants Suggestions for the implementation of new additional requirement in FSSC 22000 V6 Does SQF require a physical copy of all of your SOPs with an approval signature?