What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the requirements for SQF and FDA to do in-house pest control?

Started by , Sep 03 2020 05:52 PM
3 Replies

Hi everyone!

I work for a small beverage manufacturing company and we are SQF Certified. Currently we use a pest control company to maintain our program however upper management is wanting to start in house monitoring and pest control. I'm trying to figure out what are the requirements for SQF/FDA to do in house monitoring and application of pesticides. If anyone can steer me in the right direction that would be a huge help! 

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Food Safety Additionally requirements New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK?
[Ad]
Licensing and specialized training.

Take a look into your current pest control book. You should see state licenses for pest control operator and applicator, etc. Those would be a start.

Man I wish I could get rid of my PCO here and do it in house. I haven't been able to find a decent one in this area of Texas. It's cost/liability/time prohibitive to do it in house, unfortunately.

Edit: I wanted to point out, the state licensing might be just if the PCO will be handling specific controlled pesticides, I'm not entirely sure. It will be interesting if anyone chimes in who actually does their own pest control...

Hi everyone!

I work for a small beverage manufacturing company and we are SQF Certified. Currently we use a pest control company to maintain our program however upper management is wanting to start in house monitoring and pest control. I'm trying to figure out what are the requirements for SQF/FDA to do in house monitoring and application of pesticides. If anyone can steer me in the right direction that would be a huge help! 

Thank you!

Based on previous threads here, the majority reccomendation has been to avoid embarking on in-house control.

Similar Discussion Topics
Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Food Safety Additionally requirements New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor