What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Frequency of microbiological food laboratory temperature checks?

Started by , Sep 08 2020 10:11 AM

Hi Charles,

According to ISO 17025 i think  we need to monitor the environmental conditions, but i don't think they have mentioned any frequency. Our environmental forms were made by our consultants a few years back, I m considering modifying them to make it more apt for our lab.

Thank you for any feedback u can help me with.

Hi merlin,

As per Post 3, the only relevance I can think of is where the analyses being conducted are sensitive to environment.

Or possibly the storage of chemicals  in laboratory use.

Haven't checked the Standard but,offhand, I have never encountered a related monitoring query in "psuedo"-ISO17025 audits (chem/micro lab).

4 Replies

i wanted to know is there any specific number of times a food microbiological lab temperature is to be monitored during an 8 hour shift? the lab is ISO 17025 accredited. it is a small lab with mostly automated work.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Risk assessment to determine frequency of ATP swabbing Walnut test frequency Frequency of Internal Audits Environmental Monitoring Frequency of Testing Unannounced FSSC 22000 Audit Frequency
[Ad]

Good morning Mer1in, welcome!

i wanted to know is there any specific number of times a food microbiological lab temperature is to be monitored during an 8 hour shift? the lab is ISO 17025 accredited. it is a small lab with mostly automated work.

Hi mer1in,

I have never encountered such a specific monitoring requirement although IMEX lab. temperature  can be a factor where measurements like APC require a "low" incubation temperature.

Is there a related clause in the iso17025 Standard ?

Hi Charles,

According to ISO 17025 i think  we need to monitor the environmental conditions, but i don't think they have mentioned any frequency. Our environmental forms were made by our consultants a few years back, I m considering modifying them to make it more apt for our lab.

Hi Charles,

Hi merlin,

As per Post 3, the only relevance I can think of is where the analyses being conducted are sensitive to environment.

Or possibly the storage of chemicals  in laboratory use.

Haven't checked the Standard but,offhand, I have never encountered a related monitoring query in "psuedo"-ISO17025 audits (chem/micro lab).

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Risk assessment to determine frequency of ATP swabbing Walnut test frequency Frequency of Internal Audits Environmental Monitoring Frequency of Testing Unannounced FSSC 22000 Audit Frequency Metal Detector Frequency and Verification BRCGS Food Safety 5.6.1 - Product Testing Frequency Risk Assessment Sharps Control - Required inspection frequency? Frequency of Internal Audit Based on ISO 22000:2018 Standard Glass and breakable plastic control frequency