What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRCGS Packing Issue 6: Training

Started by , Sep 11 2020 05:58 AM
2 Replies

Hi There, 

When it comes to training and competency assessments. How often should one train staff on relevant topics and how often should one assess competence? 

TIA 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire?
[Ad]

To a large extent the BRC standards leave this up to sites to determine the appropriate frequencies for training.

I'd generally go with an annual refresher as it keeps on top of any bad habits, but for certain key activities you may want to go for every six months. It really is up to you to decide what is required though, but you will have to justify it so even if you think that every ten years is reasonable, you may be challenged on it ;)

Hi There, 

When it comes to training and competency assessments. How often should one train staff on relevant topics and how often should one assess competence? 

TIA 

Hi Michaele,

"relevant topics" = ?

I would have thought there may be some relationship to the product/process.

I presume this is clause 6.1.2.

The interp.Guidelines have some suggestions. as to how to proceed.

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? BRCGS Finished Goods Traceability BRCGS 5.4.4 - Food Fraud Risk