What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

To import Panettone into the USA do I have to apply for SID as a baked product?

Started by , Sep 14 2020 11:01 PM
4 Replies

To import Italian panettone with a traditional recipe, in the USA do I have to apply for SID as a baked product? Or is there no need? Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Cannabis baked goods
[Ad]
Yes. I think you do. But here is how to confirm...

https://www.registra...a-food/fce-sid/
1 Like1 Thank

On a side note: I'm completely thrilled to be able to get an authentic Pannettone in the US! The ones I see in stores (even in Chicago!) are in a box that I see for months on the shelves of stores... and not new stock. I have seen some with dates that show the product good for 5 or 6 months. I wish you much success in your endeavor and hope to see your product soon!

1 Thank

On a side note: I'm completely thrilled to be able to get an authentic Pannettone in the US! The ones I see in stores (even in Chicago!) are in a box that I see for months on the shelves of stores... and not new stock. I have seen some with dates that show the product good for 5 or 6 months. I wish you much success in your endeavor and hope to see your product soon!

Interesting, I was thinking the same thing when I replied to the OP.

So, there is 2 new customers.

SID is only for low acid canned food (anaerobic environment) or acidified foods in anaerobic environment. I don’t think panettone would need SID. But I would love to try some of your product!

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Cannabis baked goods Shipping unpackaged baked goods HACCP Flow Import and Export Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Intestines - Edible Meat Product? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed?