What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Material risk assessment when using one line to produce different products

Started by , Sep 16 2020 01:22 PM

Risk assessment is done to identify potential biological, chemical, allergen and physical hazards in materials. First, you identify hazards using reference materials (I've attached some, but you might have different ones), then analyse hazards in terms of their severity, likelihood of occurrence, significance, etc. and score them (low/medium/high), then identify control measures.

4 Replies

It's me again :D 

I have a question regarding the material risk assessment,

We have one line to produce different product ( products related to us and products related to other companies) and management is asking to do material risk assessment for it, does anyone could help by an example? 

All answers are welcome and appreciated 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Bulk raw material receiving and traceability Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Use of confirmed OOS material in other projects Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material
[Ad]

Depends on what kind of products are manufactured on the same line. If they contain/don't contain allergens, you'll need to do risk assessment to identify potential hazards, what safety measures you'll need to develop to address threats. Also, it depends, what food safety scheme you have and its requirements in terms of material risk assessment. Your question is too vague

1 Like

Depends on what kind of products are manufactured on the same line. If they contain/don't contain allergens, you'll need to do risk assessment to identify potential hazards, what safety measures you'll need to develop to address threats. Also, it depends, what food safety scheme you have and its requirements in terms of material risk assessment. Your question is too vague

Thanks Olenazh for your answer! 

we are processing herbs (basil, parsley, marjoram, dill, fennel seeds) and of course there are type of allergens, but i don't know how to do this risk assessment! 

Risk assessment is done to identify potential biological, chemical, allergen and physical hazards in materials. First, you identify hazards using reference materials (I've attached some, but you might have different ones), then analyse hazards in terms of their severity, likelihood of occurrence, significance, etc. and score them (low/medium/high), then identify control measures.

Attached Files

1 Like2 Thanks

I'm grateful for your support and help, many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Discussion Topics
Bulk raw material receiving and traceability Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Use of confirmed OOS material in other projects Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material Mixed Pallet - Raw Material Control of Foreign Material from Carton Box Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients Is it ok to use Used Raw Material Packaging as Secondary Packaging for Other Raw Material Foreign Material SS Metal