What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What to include in the ISO 22000 FSMS manual as per the 2018 version?

Started by , Sep 19 2020 04:16 AM
3 Replies

Dear All ,

I have been redoing the FSMS manual as per the 2018 version. My question is what exactly should level I contain ? apart from the scope , R&A, organogram etc.. Why do most of the level 1 manual have the  same sentences as standard with only the company  name instead of the word  organization ,

for example the standard states ,

"The organization shall determine external and internal issues that are relevant to its purpose and that affect its ability to achieve the intended result(s) of its FSMS. " and in the level 1  manual,  it states " Cibus Technologies shall determine external and internal issues .................................result(s) of its FSMS .

is it a method of internalization of the standard ? 

Please let me know . 
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test?
[Ad]

Dear All ,

I have been redoing the FSMS manual as per the 2018 version. My question is what exactly should level I contain ? apart from the scope , R&A, organogram etc.. Why do most of the level 1 manual have the  same sentences as standard with only the company  name instead of the word  organization ,

for example the standard states ,

"The organization shall determine external and internal issues that are relevant to its purpose and that affect its ability to achieve the intended result(s) of its FSMS. " and in the level 1  manual,  it states " Cibus Technologies shall determine external and internal issues .................................result(s) of its FSMS .

is it a method of internalization of the standard ? 

Please let me know . 

Hi ganeshkashinath,

Not sure what you mean by "level 1 manual" ? or internalisation ?

The "Quality manual" per se is sometimes also designated a "Policy Manual".

Minimally It contains responses stating how the "requirements" of the Standard will be met.

One (minimalistic) response is therefore to "reverse engineer" the text of the Standard. (maybe = internalization ?)

2 Thanks

Hi , apologies for the late reply . 

Thank you  Charles  for the information . I address how  the requirements are met  in SOP at level II . Most of the  manuals I have come across , just change the statement as I mentioned  in the original post and refer to level l . I am not able to get the logic behind it . 

Also . can you give an example of the standard being reverse engineered ,

Best Regards,

Ganesh 

Hi , apologies for the late reply . 

Thank you  Charles  for the information . I address how  the requirements are met  in SOP at level II . Most of the  manuals I have come across , just change the statement as I mentioned  in the original post and refer to level l . I am not able to get the logic behind it . 

Also . can you give an example of the standard being reverse engineered ,

Best Regards,

Ganesh 

Hi Ganesh,

I think I deduce that yr Level 1 is the Quality Manual and level 2 contains related Procedures. This is a common approach.

It appears that yr quoted Quality Manual has utilised an even simpler compositional technique  than the example I give below. But  perhaps more semantically/auditorially questionable

A simple example of reverse engineering for iso22000:2018 -

5.3.1 The assignment, communication and understanding regarding the responsibilities and authorities for appropriate roles have been ensured by Top management.

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products How to make a Quality Manual? Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? Gap Analysis between ISO 22K:2018 vs BRCGS v9/8 or IFS v7/6