What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Nutritionals and added sugars when Stevia used in pasts sauce

Started by , Sep 23 2020 01:08 PM
6 Replies

Would anyone know how the nutritionals would be handled in regard to added sugar when using stevia in a pasta sauce.? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to convert per serving nutritionals to 100 gram nutritionals? Where I can create an nfp from 100g nutritionals? Nutritionals For Fermented Foods
[Ad]

Sorry, not clear: what do you mean by "how nutritionals would be handled"? Are you talking about nutrient calculation software? 

yes in calculation but need to know how added sugars would reflect stevia usage

Stevia doesn't contain sugar. If you add sugar, added sugars will be reflected on product NFT as per latest US Label regulations. 

Firstly there are several different types of Stevia and next it is not a sugar.

The two questions first would be the the type of Stevia and next is it pure or buffered with something else.

I find Monkfruit to be the best by the way.

Your stevia supplier can help with the nutritional labeling specific to the stevia they supply you.  As for added sugars, as someone already stated, you only calculate based on sugars you add to the product

As others have said, stevia doesn't contain sugar; however, it may, depending on the product, contain sugar alcohols. In the U.S. this doesn't need to be declared unless you are making specific claims. Other countries, however, do require it to be declared on the label. Check with your supplier about your specific product. 

Similar Discussion Topics
How to convert per serving nutritionals to 100 gram nutritionals? Where I can create an nfp from 100g nutritionals? Nutritionals For Fermented Foods