What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is Net Weight required on Gift Packs when internal products are properly labelled?

Started by , Sep 25 2020 09:53 PM
3 Replies

If a variety of different products are being sold in a gift box (a few different combos all with different weights) but all products are labeled with their net wt on the front and nutritional info on the back does the gift pack need a Net Wt. statement? The front of the box will have a see through area so you can easily see each item in the box and it's declared info. 

Thanks! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Do I need Net weight and PDP on gift box? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products
[Ad]

My understanding after reviewing a gift package company is that you need to show a statement on the outer packaging indicating that each item in the package has their own net weight on the corresponding label.

Interesting, I never paid attention to that.

As this is a hamper type package, in the UK you wouldn't need to declare the net weight of the package (unless it's very heavy in which case you might consider declaring the gross weight for health & safety reasons). I wouldn't have thought that you would need to in the US either and I can't find anything to indicate that you would do.

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Do I need Net weight and PDP on gift box? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products BRC Internal Auditing Query Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Customers want to rent our storage to store their products