What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Time and temperature control for blast freezing of Fish

Started by , Sep 26 2020 07:55 AM
5 Replies

Dear friends, I am here with a doubt. What will the time and temperature control for Blast freezing process intended to produce Frozen fish. What is the time limit to reach the core temperature to -18 ?? Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification BRC Unannounced Audit Time Soft Drinks - Pasteurisation Time/Temp (PU's) Swabbing zone 1,2,3 at the same time
[Ad]

Dear friends, I am here with a doubt. What will the time and temperature control for Blast freezing process intended to produce Frozen fish. What is the time limit to reach the core temperature to -18 ?? Thanks

It obviously depends on things like thickness of the product, total load in freezer, refrigeration capacity.

Opinions vary but just as a non-blast freezer example, plate freezers are (ideally) often expected to achieve -18degC for a typical, approx. 7kg box of fish fillets in approx. 2 hours.

1 Thank

It obviously depends on things like thickness of the product, total load in freezer, refrigeration capacity.

Opinions vary but just as a non-blast freezer example, plate freezers are (ideally) often expected to achieve -18degC for a typical, approx. 7kg box of fish fillets in approx. 2 hours.

Dear Charles

Thanks for your valuable information, but i need to know is there any mandatory regulation that says if blast freezing the core temp of the product should reach -18 deg celcius with in 4 hours. That is were i got stucked.

Thanks

Dear Charles

Thanks for your valuable information, but i need to know is there any mandatory regulation that says if blast freezing the core temp of the product should reach -18 deg celcius with in 4 hours. That is were i got stucked.

Thanks

Hi ronin,

UK Guidelines attached.

Blast freezing time Guidelines.pdf   218.33KB   58 downloads

1 Thank

Hi ronin,

UK Guidelines attached.

Blast freezing time Guidelines.pdf

Dear Charles

Thanks for the help and such a valuable information, can you provide me EU regulation where it says " in blast freezer food be reduced from a temperature of +70ºC to –18ºC in no more than 240 minutes".

Thanks

Dear Charles

Thanks for the help and such a valuable information, can you provide me EU regulation where it says " in blast freezer food be reduced from a temperature of +70ºC to –18ºC in no more than 240 minutes".

Thanks

Hi Ronin,

IIRC, such a Regulation for NRTE frozen fish for EU does not exist. I think the EU prefer the terminology "rapidly".

But happy to be proven incorrect. :smile:

India seems to advocate a range of times -

frozen food processing industry in India.pdf   1.95MB   35 downloads

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification BRC Unannounced Audit Time Soft Drinks - Pasteurisation Time/Temp (PU's) Swabbing zone 1,2,3 at the same time For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running? SQF- Recall/Traceability - Time of Completion Contact time for sanitizing food contact surfaces BRC Packaging - unannounced audit time