What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do we have to put contains nuts on pallet labels carrying nut products?

Started by , Sep 27 2020 12:36 AM
2 Replies

We've always been 100% cheese snack, Gluten Free Certified Facility. Next year they plan on bring nuts into the facility to sell in our web store. Warehouse mostly, some packaging in smaller cases to send to web customers. My question is: For storage purposes I want to label the pallets with nuts as such, so we can store separate from non-nut pallets and keep separation. If we're shipping out pallets with nuts, do we need to label those pallets out the door as "contains nuts"?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Help with incorrect labels Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products.
[Ad]

Not a regulatory requirement as far as I know, BUT....your customer may likely require it so they can easily identify and segregate.  Always a good idea to include it.

1 Like

Not a regulatory requirement as far as I know, BUT....your customer may likely require it so they can easily identify and segregate.  Always a good idea to include it.

I think Ryan is right here. I don't know of any regulation that requires this, but it's not a bad idea; however, are we talking about wooden or plastic pallets here? Do you have documentation from your supplier (or pallet provider) that the pallets have been stored in a clean environment prior to your using them? (It might also be helpful to think through some sort of sanitation procedure for the pallets, heat treatment or otherwise.)

I probably would worry more about where pallets have been (and the condition they turn about to be in) than the rest, although allergy segregation is always a good thing. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Help with incorrect labels Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Customers want to rent our storage to store their products FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP USDA inspected products Tempering Chocolate for coated products