What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF site importing packaging material

Started by , Sep 28 2020 12:41 PM
3 Replies

Hello everyone, does anyone happen to import, into the US, the packaging material (bags) that then is use to contain your product?

I'm working with my provider from EU and after request paperwork to complete the FSVP, got an answer that they believe because they produce "packaging products" they are not cover by the FSVP rule (!!!???). 

This is a BRC certified site and looks that they do not know the requirements for US / FSMA / country of use of the product.

Thoughts? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer
[Ad]

FSVP only applies to food.

Thanks for the quick answer Glenn, but if you get the FSVP qualified individual course in the manual, developed by FSPCA and as is being teach right now, in page 2-15 there is a statement about How is FOOD defined? and include "Packaging and other food contact substances"

I immediately ask about bags and the answer was packaging material must be approved by FSVP.

I wish were not included. 

Refer to the manual in :

https://d1vy0qa05cdj...VERSION.pdf?317

I have no clue about that Fred.

All I know is that we handle the FSVP requirements for clients and not once have we including packaging (unless it was made out of food.)

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Steamed dumpling packaging Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example Packaging manufacturing and tape.