What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What to write in a Root Cause Analysis?

Started by , Oct 12 2020 08:41 AM
2 Replies

Dear All,

During our last audit,we got some NCs related to documentation and record keeping. While doing the root cause analysis using Fish Bone diagram am not able to understand that what should be documented  as root cause analysis and corrective action.

Some of the NC s are given below:

1. No technical agreement available between the company and service provider-

2. Signatures missing on some records-

3. Some SOPas are very old and important points are missing in those documents

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Charu Tyagi

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Determining Root Cause From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures
[Ad]

I would have a service provider approval/annual review in place to cover this NC. For the root cause 5 why's can help or the fishbone as well...Why was there no technical agreement?

2. Signatures missing on some records- This is a training issue which will need addressed by training the people responsible for signing the documents, perform retraining with these departments and randomly audit the process in the future.

3. Some SOPas are very old and important points are missing in those documents - document control and review should catch these items, maybe your program needs some refreshing. 

Ultimately to perform a true root cause analysis meet with the departments involved and fill out your fish bone or 5 why's, come up with corrective actions and audit those actions for confirmation that the actions taken appropriately address the NCs. 

Dear All,

During our last audit,we got some NCs related to documentation and record keeping. While doing the root cause analysis using Fish Bone diagram am not able to understand that what should be documented  as root cause analysis and corrective action.

Some of the NC s are given below:

2. Signatures missing on some records-

3. Some SOPas are very old and important points are missing in those documents

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Charu Tyagi

As Indicated in the previous Post, one well-established/well-documented  Procedure is to repetitively apply a "Why" to each of 1-3.

This hopefully leads to a fundamental   "defect" which is the so-called "root cause".

The success of this relatively simple approach may depend on your specific answers to the question{s).

Similar Discussion Topics
Determining Root Cause From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Sampling plan and risk analysis FSVP Hazard Analysis Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Gap Analysis between ISO 22K:2018 vs BRCGS v9/8 or IFS v7/6 Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP?