What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Risk assessing string as a potential foreign body implementation and controls.

Started by , Oct 12 2020 12:38 PM
2 Replies

Is it still acceptable to risk assess string as a potential source of foreign body and implement appropriate controls for both BRC and TESCO? Or has string been prohibited? It has been a while since I have had to deal with this potential hazard.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]

Not sure on Tesco, but BRC makes no specific mention of string in the standard itself. Staples, paperclips, and drawing pins are covered in terms of use in production areas, and there is a general requirement to avoid purchasing ingredients and packaging "which use staples or other foreign-body hazards", both in 4.9.2.2.

I don't see any problem with doing a risk assessment on it - if that doesn't conclude that the risk is negligible then implement appropriate controls, e.g. shifting raw materials that may be packed with it over to an alternative etc.

Is it still acceptable to risk assess string as a potential source of foreign body and implement appropriate controls for both BRC and TESCO? Or has string been prohibited? It has been a while since I have had to deal with this potential hazard.  

Product ?

Process ?

I suppose it might also depend on the dimensions, eg  length of the string ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Risk assessments Allergen Risk Assessment