What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Auditor's Acronym – what is the meaning of SAS?

Started by , Oct 20 2020 06:24 PM
7 Replies

During our SQF audit, our Auditor who came from French Speaking areas, keep saying the word SAS. Can anyone help me to clarify what's the full term of SAS?

Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Over lenient NSF auditor Are You an Effective Auditor? FSSC Internal auditor competency Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date BRCGS 3.5.3 Issue 6 - Internal Auditor competency
[Ad]

I have no idea.  You probably should have asked your auditor.  If you still have communication with your auditor why not send an email to ask, I would.  I've run into issues with auditors using specific terminology during an audit that I didn't understand.  I simply asked them to clarify or tell me what they mean.  Don't be afraid to ask...in my experience, the smartest people are the ones who ask a lot of questions.  Good luck!

1 Like1 Thank
I only know of the acronym "SAS"... assuming the Auditor used it by the letters and not spoken as a slang word - here is the meaning...

Refers to a semi-sterile industrial installations. Used to describe rooms with medium to high level controls on/for air quality - could be used in short sentences at a food facility for instance such as...

SAS capsule filing room (referring to pharma, vitamin/mineral supplements, etc.)
SAS entrance and exit doorways or doors
SAS manufacturing room.
etc. 
etc.
1 Like1 Thank

Safe and Sound ?

Computer Related it is SafeNet Authentication Service 

Hello, SAS is the pre area of reception, an enclosed area prepared to separate and manage potential cross contamination. It can be or not refrigerated.

best regards,

Leila

1 Like1 Thank

French here, "sas" is actually not an acronym, and it's closest translation would be airlock. As Leila Burin said, it is designed for the entry/exit of goods or people in or from a controlled area. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Over lenient NSF auditor Are You an Effective Auditor? FSSC Internal auditor competency Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date BRCGS 3.5.3 Issue 6 - Internal Auditor competency BRCGS Auditor Issue 6 SQF Auditor - Contractor vs Salaried? Where do I find the Practical Internal auditor Training for Food Operations Previous recording that I just purchased? Is there a process that allows me to request another auditor? Will an auditor show up on a Friday for an Unannounced SQF Audit?